In the last blog post, I talked about early intervention techniques which can help young children with ASD communicate, when speech and language are delayed. Most children with autism will develop spoken language, however they may experience a delay of a number of years. This causes frustration and emotional distress for both themselves and their caregivers, during the time when they are unable to communicate their wants and needs through language. As I mentioned previously, there is significant research to show that it is helpful to use alternative means for a child to communicate which not only facilitates communication, but…
As an educational consultant and speech and language therapist, my goal is to improve the quality of lives of children with special needs. As an autism specialist, I know that fostering communication between a child and their parent is both essential and an intrinsic factor that brings joy to the family.
From my international clinical work, to my academic work as a professor & consultant in NYC, and through my work with individual children and families, I offer practical knowledge that enables you to evaluate communication therapies and special education curricula – and to make sound decisions rooted in evidence-based practice.
International Educational Consultant & Autism Expert
I have been honored and blessed to work with 100s of families and children around the world and witness their progress. In my work with you, I am committed to:
- Provide you with essential knowledge about autism and how it’s diagnosed
- Understand the range of social communication behaviors you might see in your child
- Learn the how and why of developmental assessment, including autism assessment (ADOS)
- Choose evidence-based treatments and interventions that address your child’s specific communication and related needs (ABA & developmental)
- Support your child’s development of key skills, such as motor imitation, joint attention, play, and spontaneous communication
- Support you in navigating the complex emotions associated with a child’s diagnosis
Thanks to my interdisciplinary background, clinical expertise, and many years of experience around the world as an autism specialist & speech-language therapist, I work with a team of experts and together we translate theory into practice. We take what we know and put it into action. I am known for working at a practical level, modeling what I teach, and providing a variety of customized, simple effective strategies to support the child’s language and communication development.